How much and how often should I be feeding my fish and coral?

at11ok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 55 gal with now 11 fish. I have 3 black clownfish, 2 orange clownfish, 3 banggai cardinal fish, a lawnmower Blenny, a bicolored angelfish, and a sailfin tang. I also have a Kenya tree with now 5 frags from fallen branches from it. A meteor shower, rainbow acan, a green star polyp, and a zoa. I used to only feed pellets twice a day but now I do both pellets and frozen mysis shrimp twice a day and a piece of seaweed. Is this enough or too much, should I get something for the coral?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have a 55 gal with now 11 fish. I have 3 black clownfish, 2 orange clownfish, 3 banggai cardinal fish, a lawnmower Blenny, a bicolored angelfish, and a sailfin tang. I also have a Kenya tree with now 5 frags from fallen branches from it. A meteor shower, rainbow acan, a green star polyp, and a zoa. I used to only feed pellets twice a day but now I do both pellets and frozen mysis shrimp twice a day and a piece of seaweed. Is this enough or too much, should I get something for the coral?
What are you water parameters at?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your export method for nutrients dictates how much you can feed, and what your nutrient levels are(Nitrate and Phosphate). Your fish will eat until they explode, and will always come to the glass begging for food even of they don't need it.

Of course if your tank is full of algae, you might be feeding to much. If your fish are skinny and anorexic looking, you might be feeding too little.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back