How much can I get a 180 gallon tank with a built in overflow

reef aquatics 101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to upgrade my 75 gallon tank to a 180+ but all the tanks online are way too expensive. Could anyone give me an idea on how much I can get a tank this size for. If anyone knows any tanks could u please let me know thanks.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also keep in mine that if you go just the tank you need to factor in the stand and sump. that can add up pretty fast depending on what you do.

IMHO 40br made in to a sump are pretty cheap and good. use 1/4" plate glass for the baffles and get them at the petco sale they have 4X a year.

with the price of wood these days a 2x6 stand is gonna run you some $$ even more if you want to wrap it in plywood stain and paint it.

also gotta think about the overflow those standard corner overflows tanks only have 2 holes one for return and one to the sump. they are known to be nosy. I would make one a full siphon with a gate vale the other an E drain and come over the top for the return.

so all that said is why ppl are buying the PNP systems.

BF/CM is around the corrner most do 10% off. yeah I know its still gonna be spendy but its an option.

also look into to SCA 150 there pretty popular option around here lots of build threads. even cheaper if you pick up.

if budget is what you are looking for, you live in Cali. lots of reefers out there think about buying used. just dont buy someones problems. but I but you could find some pretty good deals.

best of luck!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back