How Much did you spend on your LED fixture?

How Much did you spend on Each fixture (individual Unit)

• Total voters

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-ACAN 600PA- 18B $599.00 each.

1--48" ecoxotic.LED panorama marine strip + 1-36" ecoxotic.LED panorama marine strip $425.00

$2225.00 invested. .

Last edited:

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased two used 150 watt blueline phantom fixtures
They retail about $400 each and I gave $150 for both

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered 2 OR T247 LEDs for $150 each for my 55g 4ft tank mix reef :)
Cant wait to get them .

I just ordered 4 too. Plan to put them sideways over my 220. My old it2060s worked well, but the front/back coverage was not that good. Hanging these sideways over my tank should solve that problem.

I'm going to put two white diodes in the blue channels so it isn't completely blue. Then I plan to replace about 6 whites in the white channel with blues. I like a bluer look. Looking forward to the project. I'll run the blue channel for about 10 hours per day and run the white channel about eight hours.

I had a big scare today. Traveling for work right now a got a FedEx notice that the lights were delivered. My girlfriend looked outside and said they were nowhere to be found. I live in downtown Chicago so I figured for sure they were stolen. A couple hours later she called to to tell me they were under the porch. Whew! Smart fedex guy!

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$329.00 0n one 180w 10 bands of led colors include true UV, 3 channel timer with 6 different settings two dinners cover blue channel, and full spectrum channel, the 3 channel are moon lights. They are made in the US in our west coast: Captive Reef Series @ reefconer.com good guy will customize your setup to your specs. 80 3w leds under powered at 180w 2 year warenty. Gives tank great look. 24.5" fixture covers 36" tank my 46 bow right now, unroll I move to my 90 gallon.

PostShawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ReefBreeder Photon 16 which retails for $319.99. My tank is a 70g tall corner. It's 36" tall and 24x24x30ish around. I would have gone one up to the Photon 24 light but the corners would hang off the side of my tank. For just lighting the tank and fish it does great. It does an ok job at getting to the light to the bottom but I'm only working with softies. Still I notice my corals that are closer to the top do a little better then the ones on the bottom. For this reason I think I'll be in the market for a new tank, one that's not as tall. Depending on the tank I get I will probably use this light and maybe just add another one next to it to cover say a 36-48" long tank. I think with a tank not as tall as mine this light would do great. I would recommend this light for tanks up to 30" if you are doing corals. But I'm just starting out with corals so I don't even know if any of the other lights would do better at 36".

As for the light I couldn't be happier though. The options and abilities of this light is great. You can set the percentages of the whites or blues for every half hour allowing you to do a ramp up and down light system. If you don't want to ramp then they offer even cheaper lights with the same output but without that option. The quality is great so far. I've only had it for just under 3 months. But I can tell it's not just cheap crap.

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won an gen 3 Radion at a club meeting. Didn't even but the raffle tickets because members get two for free. The then both in there and out of all the tickets that get picked...bam! New Radion for my 40.

I recently upgraded to a 75 so I purchased a gen 3 pro from a member here for 525 shipped. At only 6 months old that price was a deal.

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won an gen 3 Radion at a club meeting. Didn't even but the raffle tickets because members get two for free. The then both in there and out of all the tickets that get picked...bam! New Radion for my 40.

I recently upgraded to a 75 so I purchased a gen 3 pro from a member here for 525 shipped. At only 6 months old that price was a deal.
I meant I threw them both in there.

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent $269 ea. Aquabeam Ultima 1500 NP 30W(= to a 40W Ecotech) Aquabeams are 33% more efficient than Most other manufactures. (NOT Kessils, Great lighting) others ok??:bigsmile:

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won my Aqua Medic Oceanlight 8x39w on facebook so it only cost me about $100 in bulbs :D

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect R420R 160w at $510.00 + sales tax. Bought it local as it was the same price there that it was anywhere online and didn't have to worry about shipping breakage.

glassguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannon10_Specs1.jpg

Six total, 3 blue and 3 daylight over an 84' x 24" x 24" Dimmable (good thing) on Apex Controller. Around $600 a piece with driver. $3600 total turned way down not to fry my corals. Getting some great color on collector frags! thinking about opening a tanning salon next.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannon10_Specs1.jpg

Six total, 3 blue and 3 daylight over an 84' x 24" x 24" Dimmable (good thing) on Apex Controller. Around $600 a piece with driver. $3600 total turned way down not to fry my corals. Getting some great color on collector frags! thinking about opening a tanning salon next.

Very cool, never seen these. I'm intrigued. Could you post a pic of them suspended above your tank? How would you compare them to MH?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back