how much do i feed corals and fish?

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a 20 gallon saltwater aquarium with corals and fish. I saw rods food and it looks like a good choice. i now i should feed my fish twice a day, but how much do i feed the fish? how many milligrams or whatever. Thanks

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide a list of your fish and corals! Most (but not all) corals do not need supplemental feedings if fish are in the tank.

KyRo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no exact answer here. For my fish, I make sure each of the fish get a bit with each feeding while also making sure that the rest isn't falling to the sand. If you can give a little pinch so they all eat and the rest isn't going to waste dispersing to the rest of your tank, you should be fine. If you feel like they can take another little pinch, drop in a bit more.

As for corals, I'm not sure which kind you have but most don't even need to be fed to thrive. I feed mine reef roids like once a week when I'm bored, but I haven't seen stunning results of using it opposed to not feeding. I feel like it's more for me than anything.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the fish will be a clownfish, mandarin dragonet, yellow watchman gobie, pajama cardinal, and i will have a coral banded shrimp

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back