How much do i feed my fish?

EchoTheOrca20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm wondering if I'm feeding too little or too much. I feed my fish twice a day and one cube per feed. I'm feeding them 3.5oz frozen cube the following: Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, or Frozen Mega-Marine all from hikari.. Here's list of the fish I currently have in my tank
2 green chromis, 2 Clownfish, 1 Midas blenny, 1 Melanarus Wrasse, 1 banggai Cardinal, 1 longnose hawk, and 1 longnose butterfly

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Remember that every bit of food you add stays in the tanks until the next water change - whether or not it goes through a fish. :)

I'd cut down to one cube a day and even do a half cube some days by cutting the cube in half before feeding and leaving the remaining half in the freezer.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adult brine shrimp doesn't have much nutrition, so you might want to replace or skip that.

Two cubes a day is probably a bit too much. Twice a day is good, but less food per time would be better.

When they eat, turn the pumps off and watch them. How much of the food goes into the fish? You want them to eat basically all of the food, maybe with a few scraps left over for your hermits and any other non-fish that appreciate feeding. If their stomachs are bulging after they finish eating, that's probably a bit too much.

OP
OP
E

EchoTheOrca20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Remember that every bit of food you add stays in the tanks until the next water change - whether or not it goes through a fish. :)

I'd cut down to one cube a day and even do a half cube some days by cutting the cube in half before feeding and leaving the remaining half in the freezer.
It's a 100 gallon plus 40 gallon sump. Thanks for info

OP
OP
E

EchoTheOrca20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adult brine shrimp doesn't have much nutrition, so you might want to replace or skip that.

Two cubes a day is probably a bit too much. Twice a day is good, but less food per time would be better.

When they eat, turn the pumps off and watch them. How much of the food goes into the fish? You want them to eat basically all of the food, maybe with a few scraps left over for your hermits and any other non-fish that appreciate feeding. If their stomachs are bulging after they finish eating, that's probably a bit too much.
Any suggestions to replace the adult brine shrimp?? Thank you for your response

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back