How much fuel do you have on hand in case of a natural disaster

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everybody is talking about generators but....how much fuel do you store on hand in case of a natural disaster.

Do you think you have enough?
I have 1 - 1000 gallon dedicated propane tank for my generator. I believe I could run the entire home on it for a few months. Lets hope we never have to test it.

Kongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always surprised how many people have issues storing gasoline. Not once in my entire life have I had a problem with "bad gas" The problem here in New England is snow - sometimes you can't get out on the roads, and just because I can with my truck, that doesn't mean the gas station attendants can get to work and open up.

So I fetch 40 gallons about this time of year, and store it in the shed. That gets used in snowblowers, weed whackers, lawn mowers, and of course my portable generator when the power goes out. During the winter, that gives me like a week if I need to stretch it, and by then I can fetch more gas at the station. During the summer, I've got less on hand - but it'll be wind or something causing the power outage - I can always get to the gas station then. I've always read you shouldn't store gas that long, but I've never had a problem. I think you can also add a stabilizer to your gas - although I've never done it.

Propane is cool and all - it's definitely a great option. But it can be done with a portable generator (albeit with some maintenance, elbow grease, and fetching gas)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back