How much is Yellow tang in your lfs?

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree with CB being the biggest lead to this hobby however personally I think that the pricing is rather high for it and some species have a different variant in them but it’s unknown what variant you get when young. Another issue is you cant Captive Breed every species as many are unknown on how they breed and what they feed on as young juveniles in the wild.
They never thought they could captive breed YT’s. But here we are. Where there is a will, there is a way. I support CB 100%. And the more it occurs, the lower the prices will get.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in the UAE the average hobbyist won’t pay the crazy usual prices people pay in other countries. of course there are always collectors and exceptions to the rule. for example the craziest euphyllia here is a gold torch you will pay about 95 bucks per head anything more than that is a scam. also when I say gold torch I mean any torch that has gold, we don't have the crazy ultra holy grail dragon soul torch naming system over here. You might think that we don't have variety or coral strains over here I can guarantee you that we have everything from xenia to acros (mainly wild caught acros) and NPS. However here I would like to see more acropora varieties but again the reason I think we don't have many of these because if the fish store is gonna buy a 1 inch frag for 400 usd from a vendor in the states then risking it dying through shipping to the other half of the world and the expenses of aqua culturing it then to find out that only a very small minority is willing to pay that price.

I will definitely write more about what the hobby looks like over here in the future.

Also reason why livestock tends to be cheaper is because stores tend to buy directly from the source instead from a wholesaler or a third party.
so finally a yellow tang showed up at my lfs, it’s 400 dollars though :oops:.

ikaros70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until the ban on Hawaiian imports opens up, these prices won’t change on those specific species coming from Hawaii.
The prices of everything in the hobby are ridiculous.
I live in NW Indiana and one LFS is selling diamond hobbies for $60.
Everything is ridiculous!
Once the economy tanks, it will get better.
Personally, I don’t think it will be much longer.
2-4 months, I’m betting economy takes a total and complete ****.

Back