How much of the "DrTim's One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Cycling Reef" do I add??

JustSawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm going to be cycling the Waterbox AIO 35.2. The 2oz bottle of DrTim's One & Only is for 30gal, but mine is 35.2... Do I get the 4oz bottle and just not add the whole thing??

This is my first saltwater aquarium, so pardon my nerves. Just want to make sure I don't add too much or too little.

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are all set with the one bottle my friend, the sand and rock work make it less water plus when waterbox gives tank size of 35 gallons thats all the way filled to the top!

BigTimeIssues

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to leave this link for you. It dr. Tim himself explaining the cycle. Great tips in here. You could skip to 14 minutes to get the tips to cycling a tank but the first 14 minutes are good too.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say close enough. It might not cycle super fast but it should be fine. I think this kind of product has a shelf life but bacteria do hang on so some should be in there even if it has sat on the shelf. Also, even if you add 0 bacteria, bacteria will eventually find the tank and cycle it. It just takes longer. If you get impatient, you can always just go to your local fish store, get some cycling bacteria and dump it in.

Back