CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need positive ID on this Dinos
I run about 1.0. Your color may not be as vibrant but I have not noticed that.
Im going to bring phosphate up to 1.00 should I raise No3 above 6ppm? My No3 has been at 6ppm for three months without adding NeoNitro and today when I tested No3 I noticed a small drop

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I use the 30:1 rule when fighting Dinos? 30ppm No3 sounds really high!!
Shh dont tell anybody. ;)My nitrates are at 60-80. ;NailbitingSofties are doing well. I just added a Duncan. Duncan has been in for about 3 weeks doing really well. I dont have any sps.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much should I raise phosphate daily till the maximum of l

at this point color is not important just want the Dinos gone!!
Tell me what you are doing to combat dino. I had dino and beat them back in 17-18

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve battled dinos a couple of times. I think you just need measurable phosphates so that dinos competitors can survive. If you have a good test kit and really have phosphates about 0.08, I don’t know why you would go higher.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do sps and when I raised No3 from 1 up to 5 they turned brown for a little while but now they are back to good color and growing

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me what you are doing to combat dino. I had dino and beat them back in 17-18
I'm using two magnum polishers with diotom powder and trying to keep phosphate up. I only run the polishers when I clean the glass. I had phosphate at 0.08 and they were hardly notable and I thought I would let the phosphate drop on its own and soon as I got a 0.02 reading they bloomed again.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve battled dinos a couple of times. I think you just need measurable phosphates so that dinos competitors can survive. If you have a good test kit and really have phosphates about 0.08, I don’t know why you would go higher.
Thanks that's why I wanted to ask someone before I make a GHA nightmare!! So I'll keep aiming for 0.08 phosphate and leave No3 above 5ppm. Or is more No3 needed for my Dinos problem?

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that's why I wanted to ask someone before I make a GHA nightmare!! So I'll keep aiming for 0.08 phosphate and leave No3 above 5ppm. Or is more No3 needed for my Dinos problem?
5 should be fine just keep an eye and make sure it doesn't dip anymore.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've got no problems growing green algae. My polishers are drying out from a bleach soak so I haven't cleaned the glass in three days. This is the first time the green algae is growing faster than the Dinos.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using two magnum polishers with diotom powder and trying to keep phosphate up. I only run the polishers when I clean the glass. I had phosphate at 0.08 and they were hardly notable and I thought I would let the phosphate drop on its own and soon as I got a 0.02 reading they bloomed again.
It took around three of these "false starts" before I was able to let my numbers come down a bit. Now enough time has passed without dinos that I can bring them down any time I want, but I will maintain them no lower than 5 and .04 indefinitely.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took around three of these "false starts" before I was able to let my numbers come down a bit. Now enough time has passed without dinos that I can bring them down any time I want, but I will maintain them no lower than 5 and .04 indefinitely.
I believe dino are always present. The key is do we change enough for them to bloom.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back