How much should I dose NoPox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've mixed reef 120 gallon tank and my tank is 1 year old... Hanna Nitrates HR is 28-30 ppm and Phosphate ULR is 0.21. so how much NoPox should I pour.

TIA

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the side of the bottle, and go with half of the recommended value based on your tank size and nitrate level - taking care not to exceed the daily maximum.

OP
OP
R

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the side of the bottle, and go with half of the recommended value based on your tank size and nitrate level - taking care not to exceed the daily maximum.
I saw the instruction at the back..but can't find if it's daily or weekly....

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone above is correct. No you don’t need to stop feeding. This product is not a quick pour and fix product. It works over time. Like several months. Just remember nothing good happens fast in this hobby. You will notice a improvement in your corals first with more polyp extension etc. This will happen before you start to notice a decrease in your nitrate. So take it slow and steady and follow the directions to the letter.

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same exact boat as you right now. However, is Nopox a very potent and potentially deadly chemical to fish or coral if misused? I ask this because I heard horror stories with phosphate-e lithanium chloride and chose not to use it. Will Nopox have the same effect?
Thanks

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same exact boat as you right now. However, is Nopox a very potent and potentially deadly chemical to fish or coral if misused? I ask this because I heard horror stories with phosphate-e lithanium chloride and chose not to use it. Will Nopox have the same effect?
Thanks
No, nopox is just an organic carbon source. It’s supposedly a mix of vodka, vinegar, and sugar. I dose calcium hydroxide saturated vinegar daily (down from a high of 24ml in a 28 gallon to 16ml). So long as you follow the schedule or start and ramp up slowly, the worst you’ll see is a bacteria bloom, and even that can be avoided by going slowly.

Edit: one other concern, with vinegar especially, is that it can slightly lower PH, which is why I saturate it with kalk (though I didn’t when I first started).

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
No. Just don’t dump the whole bottle in the tank, ie: figure out what the daily recommended does is for your levels and half that for the first few weeks. Follow the testing regiment on the back as well and adjust accordingly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back