How noisy is your FX-STP wifi peristaltic pump?

zhwb1215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm struggling in making a decision between FX-STP wifi peristaltic pump and Syncra silent 0.5 (or 1.5) pump for a calcium reactor. Everybody says FX-STP is more suitable for a calcium reactor but I'm worried about the noise. I know how noisy a peristaltic pump is because I own an Apex dosing DOS. I wish the FX-STP would be much quieter. Anybody who owns one can share your experience? Thanks.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just purchased the FX STP2 and although I haven’t installed it yet, this review gives you an idea of the noise level towards the end of the video when it’s running.

It doesnt sound anything like DOS from that which is very noisy.

Ill be able to tell you a little more in about 7 days when it’s set up on a nitrate reactor.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the wifi version of the pump and I will say that's its pretty quite. I've ran the pump at 80mls a minute and it was silent enough. But I guess will all pumps as long as you keep the gears lubed you should be fine with noise level.

OP
OP
Z

zhwb1215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just purchased the FX STP2 and although I haven’t installed it yet, this review gives you an idea of the noise level towards the end of the video when it’s running.

It doesnt sound anything like DOS from that which is very noisy.

Ill be able to tell you a little more in about 7 days when it’s set up on a nitrate reactor.

Wow! It’s much more quieter than what I expect according to video. I love it and I’ll definitely get one.
Thank you everybody for your responses.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back