how of water have u spilled

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the other day i forgot to put the drain pipe back into the tank, and then turned the pump on and left the room for a second i must have pumped out atleast 20 gallons by the time i came back into the room.

im just wondering what is the worst disaster someone has had with water

Reefstang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flooded my basement with I first set up my 75 gallon a while back. I also flood my basement from over filling the RO/DI container.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** that is bad. I used to work for a LFS doing maintenance and once I left our Salt valt filling with RO.... bad situation at least 10gal. thankfully we werent open yet.

Nacho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spill water at least once a week. I've flooded my basement so many times I lost count. I really shouldn't be around water :smile:

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left a RO/DI over night.... flooded the bathroom spilled down tothe garage...

aquafrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my kids opened my saltwater container while I was not there, 150 gallons of fresh saltwater inside my garage,

AaronP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** that is bad. I used to work for a LFS doing maintenance and once I left our Salt valt filling with RO.... bad situation at least 10gal. thankfully we werent open yet.

lolol i remember a few times this happened...you were the king of spills man:tongue:

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea this is true it didnt only happen once... thats what happens when your a one man show.... or hungover lol

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow that brings back memories...i used to work at a LFS too and i did that a couple times a year....just walk away from the pump refilling during a water change and get side tracked doing something or customer....next thing you know i am running back to see what i did....everyone did it at least once working there :tongue: Few gallons here or there...nothing worth getting fired over LOL

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my worst is 210 gallons.

i was filling some water jugs and forgot and left it fulll open. all of it drained all over the floors. i was NOT happy lol

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i literally watched a side seam blow out on a 210 at a lfs i worked at previous to johnny's. man was that a mess.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have flooded my basement at least 6 times now refilling my RO water container, soaking the area rug that was there. Now with bare floors, everything heads for the drain, so no problem...until I get my water bill after leaving the tap running for 24 hours.

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my RO/DI unit were not outside, there is no telling how much damage I would have done. I left the thing on for at least 2 days. 75GPD into a 55G drum. So dropped at least 100G but like I said, it was on the ground.

I dumped like 10-20G in the house once from a misguided cut on a closed loop line. I did not consider the back siphon. MAN what a mess.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm amazed at the ro/di overfill stories here. do you guys not use a float valve to shut it down?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back