How often are you "tweaking" your aquascape and why would you change it?

How often are you "tweaking" your aquascape?

• Never, I set it and forget it!

Votes: 211 32.5%
  • I'll change a little here and a little there at times.

Votes: 371 57.1%
  • I like to give my aquascape a change up pretty often.

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • I'm always changing it including massive overhauls!

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 3.1%

• Total voters

BoralBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I change fairly often, sometimes I get new corals other times I get tired of the way the tank looks and want to change it up a bit.

On my Nem only tank I changed the center rock about 6 different times until I found the hand looking rock

For the reef I change less often but sometimes I add new corals that need their own adjustments sorry for the weird angle on the reef picture, its the only one i have that isnt highlighting corals at the moment lol

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPEG
    IMG_0323.JPEG
    182.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 32

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely removed and replaced my initial structures. Since that time have added and arranged another 40lbs twice. The more sps I get, the more I seem to move around for new places to mount frags.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never. My rocks are all glued/cemented together, so it would be impossible to change unless I removed the exist rocks and put in new rocks. I spent nearly a week creating my aquascape.

I also hate frag plugs, so I put my coral directly on the rock, so that would make changing it even more difficult.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how I would change my scape, every coral I have is encrusted all over. I don't really have a piece of rock that isn't heavily encrusted.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main rock work - mc hammer - can't touch this......

Burlt, reef grows, so, lets say, 95% is fixed and dont change, rest 5% is adding corals, maybe some plate or piece here and there as structure grows.....

I rarely move corals, i have in mind when constructing scape where i will put what when time comes and i stick to it....

BBN Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two main rock structures are glued and mortared, so not much to move there, but I did add some more rock to create a couple more caves so my crap head tomini tang would leave me flame angel alone. Hopefully I can now leave it as is.

gallivanmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to take almost everything out of my 240 gallon and rearrange the aqua scaping just yesterday. I was up to 6 rbtas and had been putting off dealing with them for too long. But one of them was determined to keep moving and stinging my corals so it was time to cull the herd. (No, I didn’t actually cull them)

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main reason I change my aquascape is when I add or subtract corals. Like I might add a ledge, shelve or move or take out or put in a rock here and there . I have even taken out a rock to drill a couple holes and put it back. The one thing I am doing lately is adding those rock frag racks with the pre drilled holes. Mainly to the back wall and blending them in with my existing aquascape. I run flow pumps flow under the rock frag racks to keep the area in back clean. I think the addition of a couple of the rock frag racks has added depth to my aquascape.

Arcticreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OTHER: to adjust rocks for better flow and remove dead areas AND to shift rocks so that I can catch and remove the world's smartest darn damsel. Those things are pure evil. I even considered this contraption as 20220323_151457.jpg a desperate last attempt.

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main reason I change my aquascape is when I add or subtract corals. Like I might add a ledge, shelve or move or take out or put in a rock here and there . I have even taken out a rock to drill a couple holes and put it back. The one thing I am doing lately is adding those rock frag racks with the pre drilled holes. Mainly to the back wall and blending them in with my existing aquascape. I run flow pumps flow under the rock frag racks to keep the area in back clean. I think the addition of a couple of the rock frag racks has added depth to my aquascape.

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been doing this for 2 years this is all new to me i do move things around a bit more then most reason being i wanted to add rock shelfs in the tank for acros so i move here and there i think i might have found a great spot for a large shel rock so i hope it stays put bought a lot of corals over this weekend and needed room for them all i also bought a frag rack great hobby great money spent but i do love it so

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had intended on planning out my scape before tank transfer a few months ago but,,, well,,, I'm lazy.
Instead slapped it together in the heat of the moment and left well enough alone for a couple of months -- should've stopped there.

One alcohol-induced night I decided I just didn't like one of my rock piles so was just going to tweak it ever so slightly.
Next thing I knew, there were rocks scattered all over the tank in various states of disarray.

Now I'm constantly fiddling with my one pile and should just accept that it's never going to get back to the original state, which was somehow better than any conglomeration it's ended up in since.

R33FDr3amer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is only a few weeks old so i haven't moved anything around and have no plans too. i'm too worried about stirring things up too much and causing havoc lol

also i read the title as "twerking" at first lol :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back