How often do you check your reef with a flashlight after lights out?

How often do you check your reef with a flashlight after lights out?

• Total voters

Mystery Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking on the state of your reef after lights out is informative and fun!

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only about once a month unless I suspect something is amiss... then I check several times a night.

OP
OP
Mystery Fish

Mystery Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need another option, "almost never". lol I tend to do this only when I think there is a need for it. So, less than once a month but more than never.
Fair enough! I like observing the sleeping fish and watching the pods and other critters that crawl out. I also love seeing all those feeding tentacles come out on my LPS!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think those of us with live rock will tend to check more frequently than those with dry rock. Never know what surprises you will find with live rock and lotsa critters come out after lights out. That's the great thing about it.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new tank is a FOWLR (start with dry rock), so I don't have much in the way of night time critters other than the pods I'm adding. When our 60g cube mixed reef was up and running, I'd check it out at night more often. Even in the day time you would see cool little critters everywhere.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I check every few days just out of curiosity. I have TONS of amphipods in my system- it's interesting and creepy seeing them crawling around all over the sand.

Back