How Often Do You Feed Nori

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish in my Reefer 350 (except for the orchid dottyback, a recent (temporary) transfer)) go wild for nori. That includes the matted filefish, although I have to say that that's an upgrade from its former diet of expensive LPS colonies.

eleslie3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lil late to the party - feed a 1/4 sheet or so once to twice daily. Foxy Jr is healthy and big.

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day my young Scopas gets green sushi nori, TLF violet nori and a small piece of the TLF red nori. The green goes first and the red seems to be the less preferred. All my wrasses also eat some and even the pseudoanthia sometimes eat small floating pieces

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding daily but I found my tangs were getting rather fat, hiding when the clip was empty, and ignoring all the algae growing on my rocks. I've since cut it down to a few times a week now my tangs are more active during the day going around and picking at the rocks and glass.

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-4 times a day, smaller meals. The only reason I do that though is because I have some anthias and I also work 2 feet from my tank so its super easy.

I cant read apparently, didnt see "Nori" in the title. I feed Nori twice a week, only a foxface and an urchin in the tank so not much demand.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to open new thread...

I have little blue tang, around 5cm, he eats everyhing (frozen mysys cubes, frozen oyster cubes, my homemade mix from various fish and shrimp, also flakes and granulated food..)..

But i read that nori should be part of diet, newer before i feed them with that, without any problems....but....

Only nori that i cand find localy is from healty food store, dry nori for sushi, so question is can i use this product?

On some says its baked, so... Not sure, please some advice, can it be used, sadly no "saltwater food nori" is available localy.....

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed 2 sheets daily, but I also have a foxface.
Hyppo tang, Eibli angel and fox face usually devour the sheets quickly. IMO that not giving veggie to herbivore is like feeding meat to cows. We all know that it ended with the mad cow disease.
Nori is not costly, easy to feed and fish enjoy having something to nibble on thru out the day, really I do not see why you would not give it to them.
I vary between, purple, red and green. The angel seems to prefer the red. I have even seen the chromis, damsel and clowns taking bites of the nori now and then. Only fish who never touch it is my 6 line wrasse.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can feed the dry nori for the sushi to your fish. it is better if is not baked, but as long as there are no crazy additives in them, the suhi nori is fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With 18 tangs, I still add Nori 1-2X a week. I focus more on total varied diet with fats and aminos.

1646775744785.png

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i tried with some piece of nori, and fish shows no interest.....

After waiting for some time, i finnaly chop that piece into smaller, throw in tank....and nothing, it floats in tank, totaly ignored by fish.....

Is there any learning curve or method for them to show interest or...?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back