Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues. 5g x 7days =35 gallons week. The tank 550g another prob 100g in the sump . 650 total, so that about a 5% change a week. Since I change out about 10% a week with a water change, its easy to correct any drop that is noticeable on the refractometer. I keep my tank at 1.025 and when adding new water I mix it to 1.026 or 1.027.
Makes sense with that much volume of water in your system. Good stuff!!

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the tunze osmolator nano on my 75 (wanted something good but couldn't afford the full version) and it kicks on for a few seconds at a time every minute or 2. It's got me paranoid that something is leaking somewhere I can't see. Is this normal? It has only been on there for about a week so I marked my salinity and now I'm going to watch for a decrease.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 80 gallon rimless with 5 gallon reservoir and a aqua gadget smart ato. My reservoir needs to be filled every 2.5 -3 days! Rimless tanks are great but evaporation is through the roof .i was worrying about mold as well in house as well. I finally decided to buy a a sheet of acrylic at Lowe’s for $78.
I cut out feeding holes on each side of sheet . It’s has worked great! 3 days and I have only used a gallon! I do keep a towel near tank so when I do my weekly coral feeding I will take top off to feed .
I didn't even think about mold from evaporation....funny the little things that make total sense and yet are seldom thought about.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back