How often should I add Copepods to my tank for my spotted mandarin?

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often should i add copepods to my tank for my spotted mandarin? The tank is a 40 breeder with 40lbs of LR and 60lbs of LS, no refugium and no sump. If i add pods every month will this be enough to keep my mandarin well-fed? He was eating frozen when at the store but has stopped since then, so pods are my only option rn, thanks

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take everything in this hobby as a science experiment. If I were you, I would watch your Mandarin’s behavior. Does he appear to be eating all the time? Does he look well fed? Your pods may very well be out producing your fish’s ability to eat them all and thus no need to reseed. I have a 180 gallon reef with a 2 year old spawning pair of Mandarins. I don’t reseed. They are both fat and happy. If your fish or corals look good... they probably are. Good luck bud.

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take everything in this hobby as a science experiment. If I were you, I would watch your Mandarin’s behavior. Does he appear to be eating all the time? Does he look well fed? Your pods may very well be out producing your fish’s ability to eat them all and thus no need to reseed. I have a 180 gallon reef with a 2 year old spawning pair of Mandarins. I don’t reseed. They are both fat and happy. If your fish or corals look good... they probably are. Good luck bud.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back