How often to change

Ry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, how often should i change these?

Thank you.

02AF153C-4CF2-4C1F-A310-B1AFCF406A6E.jpeg E4982EA5-5407-40F6-90F0-E9636CDC4456.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t tell what they are but if they are some kind of filter/floss it’s said to be around 2-3 days is about right as that is when the detritus starts to break down, so removing the detritus before this happens is best.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on alot of factors as to when to change them I change my carbon once a month but I run alot and am heavily stocked with softy and it's high grade carbon so it really depends on what you have in your tank as to how often and the quality of stuff your using I can go 3 months if I want to with the carbon I run I just keep it fresh incase I forget what day it was last time I changed it also for filter floss id agree with 3 days a week at most no more then that tho as it'll be a nitrate factory also as to the carbon it also depends on the amount of water changes you do and what percentage you change as carbon is not really needed if you do enoff waterchanges with the right equitment

OP
OP
Ry1

Ry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on alot of factors as to when to change them I change my carbon once a month but I run alot and am heavily stocked with softy and it's high grade carbon so it really depends on what you have in your tank as to how often and the quality of stuff your using I can go 3 months if I want to with the carbon I run I just keep it fresh incase I forget what day it was last time I changed it also for filter floss id agree with 3 days a week at most no more then that tho as it'll be a nitrate factory also as to the carbon it also depends on the amount of water changes you do and what percentage you change as carbon is not really needed if you do enoff waterchanges with the right equitment

Appreciated, thank you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back