How old was your youngest clownfish pair when they laid 1st clutch?

Octo clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 pairs now. Both of which I had since babies lay their first clutches in less than a two week period. The first pair is my silver eyed percula female with my ski mask picasso. They are about a year and 3 months. My second pair a premium black ice snowflake pair that laid their frist clutch 1 week and 5days later are a year and a half old. I feel like this is very young. My ski mask male picasso ate the clutch over the next couple days lol and my premium black ice snowflake pair who just laid yesterday... The male has already eatin half the clutch lol

My second question being, what has been your experience with once a pair starts laying how long/how many clutches in your particular experience did it take for your pair to start laying bigger clutches as well as stop eating them?

Screenshot_2020-02-10-10-44-13~2.png Screenshot_2020-02-10-10-43-03.png

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a year and a half to two years is normal. took till about the 3rd clutch for them to be massave but my clowns never really ate a large number of the eggs. They'll usually eat the bad eggs (totally normal), as for eating all the eggs that might happen for the first few clutches. If they continue to eat all the eggs you just just have a bad pair or they're just not mature enough to handle being a parent yet (aka they havent learned). just give it time :)

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a year and a half to two years is normal. took till about the 3rd clutch for them to be massave but my clowns never really ate a large number of the eggs. They'll usually eat the bad eggs (totally normal), as for eating all the eggs that might happen for the first few clutches. If they continue to eat all the eggs you just just have a bad pair or they're just not mature enough to handle being a parent yet (aka they havent learned). just give it time :)

+1 THIS. Mine started at about 2 years.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back