How quickly can I safely restock my 55 Gallon tank?

ReefKeeper666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
46 days ago I emptied my tank due to velvet. I had one sole survivor. A pajama Cardinal. He survived 30 days of copper and 15 days of observation in clean water in QT. Tonight he went back home to my main tank !! I have learned my lesson and will QT my fish. I recently also purchased fish number two, a clown goby. I am quarantining him now according to humble fishes guide. In the process of setting up a QT area I got my hands on shelving, 3 10 gallon tanks, A divider, A few sponge filters and power heads. I have the means to QT more than one fish at a time Now. Is it best to only add one fish(QT one fish at a time) per month? Or can I add at a quicker rate? Here is my stock list in the order I plan to add them. Please let me know at what rate I can add these guys. Thanks.

1. Pajama Cardinal-In main tank
2. clown goby - in QT
3. Pink streaked wrasse- can buy tomorrow Locally
4. Watchman Goby - can buy tomorrow Locally
5. royal gramma or chalk bass - can buy tomorrow locally
6 Midas blenny
7//8 2 OC clowns

also I found a LFS that says they QT their fish, gentleman in the store even wheeled out a cart and showed me what he treats them with. Should I trust that or still do some sort of QT at home If I buy from him?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also I found a LFS that says they QT their fish, gentleman in the store even wheeled out a cart and showed me what he treats them with. Should I trust that or still do some sort of QT at home If I buy from him?
The only QT you can truly trust is your own. Sorry.

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
46 days ago I emptied my tank due to velvet. I had one sole survivor. A pajama Cardinal. He survived 30 days of copper and 15 days of observation in clean water in QT. Tonight he went back home to my main tank !! I have learned my lesson and will QT my fish. I recently also purchased fish number two, a clown goby. I am quarantining him now according to humble fishes guide. In the process of setting up a QT area I got my hands on shelving, 3 10 gallon tanks, A divider, A few sponge filters and power heads. I have the means to QT more than one fish at a time Now. Is it best to only add one fish(QT one fish at a time) per month? Or can I add at a quicker rate? Here is my stock list in the order I plan to add them. Please let me know at what rate I can add these guys. Thanks.

1. Pajama Cardinal-In main tank
2. clown goby - in QT
3. Pink streaked wrasse- can buy tomorrow Locally
4. Watchman Goby - can buy tomorrow Locally
5. royal gramma or chalk bass - can buy tomorrow locally
6 Midas blenny
7//8 2 OC clowns

What’s the size of your system?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the display was cycled before, you should be able to add more than 1 small fish at a time to a 55 gallon.

Your stock list and order look good to me too, fyi. Good luck.

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents (just an opinion, I know nothing!):

I would always add two at a time to help eliminate one being picked on, territory establishment, etc....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back