How quickly does api General Cure exhaust a small bag if chemi-pure?

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading that these chemipure bags can last a few months but if there's medicine in the tank only a few days.

I know some people would say chemipure doesn't last a few months anyway but still curious how long you think it should last with medicine in the tank?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure I understand, the standard procedure is to remove all chemical filtrants prior to dosing any medication.
Jay

OP
OP
Labora

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure I understand, the standard procedure is to remove all chemical filtrants prior to dosing any medication.
Jay

If you use the carbon after to remove the medicine

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh - I understand. The praziquantel in General Cure breaks down in less than 36 hours, so no need to remove that. Gratzek and Langdon both report treating metronidazole every other day for three treatments. To me, that implies it breaks down pretty quickly as well (in 48 hours).

Carbon may or may not remove those chemicals, and if it does, the amount/rate probably isn't known (certainly not to me). There is something called the "methylene blue number", and that rates various carbon for their ability to remove a set amount of methylene blue dye from water.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back