How reliable is the marineland deep dimension 150?

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had nothing to do with cleaning the tank yes you have to be careful but the problem was with the bottom seal failing on many 300 deep demension one person on this forum had one fail and then the replacement failed . My tank failed on botttom and the replacement has clear silicone instead of black .Hope that was the problem.The new one is 2 years old now so far so good

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably better/easier to visualize with a diagram to be honest:
1710984165262.png

pay no attention to the fresh water white arrows. I don't use those. It barely holds a gallon of water. But the blue is the return, it just comes out of a vent on the back.

This image you can see the vent a few inches below the water line:
1710984299656.png

The return vent, the vacuum hose plumbing for the drains underneath the tank to the sump, and the fact it ships with a skimmer that is much too large for it are my only complaints (well, they could also make a bigger model too, they just haven't yet).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Have a lead on a DD150 for a great price with the nice stand and canopy. I had a 93 gallon marineland rimless cube and it has the microbubble issue on every seam near the top of the tank. Always made me nervous so I broke it down.

Is there any similar issue with the DD 150?
These have a past history of front glass blowing out. I owned a retail pet store and quickly dropped these tanks from my store due to defects. Same applies to their 93 and 150g cubes

Back