How the heck do people connect 2 AP700s...

Jason Collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im starting to wish i didnt wast $1600 on 2 of these AP700s. The App is trash. I absolutely cannot connect the 2 AP700's together.
I log in to the one get it set up have a program made and everything. Then i try to "Add lamp" to it. I do what the app says. Turn on the other AP700, hit the 2 buttons to make the blue wifi light flash, hit next, it tells me to connect to it directly with the new wifi, I do that. Then it basically tries to connect and gives me a failure. I've done it atleast 20 times. It absolutely will not connect.... This is just stupid. If I only had 1 light it works fine and dandy. But it will not connect a second one. How are people doing it???? Should have I have just bought ecotech instead?

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you by chance buy some that had been in a box for 18 months in a warehouse? The original firmware had an issue like that. Try updating your firmware just in case your new lights were sitting collecting dust for the last 12-18 months

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current firmware still has a lot of issues, Kessil doesn't really seem to care. Mine is an original preorder unit and it's still buggy (like randomly turning on in the middle of the night for about 5 seconds, colour shifting profiles incorrectly, etc), especially if there are any power interruptions. The hardware is great, their software and built in controller are worse than something you'd buy off ali express.

OP, email Kessil support and see if they'll help you out. Might as well make some of that money work for you.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please email [email protected] or call our customer service number (510) 620-5250. We will be happy to walk you through this process. We second updating the firmware to the most recent version.

Shane1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you do don’t make the mistake I did and go to Ecotech. Biggest pile of junk I’ve ever wasted money on. Lights, powerheads, return pump and don’t get me started on their reeflink. I have it all piled up in a box and thinking of just throwing it out with the trash just to save someone else the headache. Biggest waste of 3k in my life.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 125 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.4%
Back