How to Adjust-ELN 60-48 Video‏

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this video was awesome i had a heck of a time figuring it out by just getting it explained to me great vid bill

stlcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, quick question. this video is a how to for setting the MAX output of the driver? IE what the leds would look like if they were running 90% full power via an apex?

I dont think i will go anywhere near 90% of my max for the leds at the peak of my photoperiod, so should i just dial my driver all the way back and keep it there(300mA)? or go ahead and set it to the recommended 750mA. im running CREE XP-G cool whites on one driver, and a combo of CREE XT-E RB, Blue, & 2 UV. Should i set both drivers to 750mA as the video explains?

24 leds total:
8 cool white + 2 neutral white - Driver 1
10 RB + 2 Blue+ 2 UV - Driver 2

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place...

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, quick question. this video is a how to for setting the MAX output of the driver? IE what the leds would look like if they were running 90% full power via an apex?

I dont think i will go anywhere near 90% of my max for the leds at the peak of my photoperiod, so should i just dial my driver all the way back and keep it there(300mA)? or go ahead and set it to the recommended 750mA. im running CREE XP-G cool whites on one driver, and a combo of CREE XT-E RB, Blue, & 2 UV. Should i set both drivers to 750mA as the video explains?

24 leds total:
8 cool white + 2 neutral white - Driver 1
10 RB + 2 Blue+ 2 UV - Driver 2

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place...

For the XP-G and XT-E around 650-750mA is the sweet spot considering efficiency and output. You can drive them harder but after 800mA its diminishing returns.

I've seen problems with mixing UV with the Cree LEDs. As a general Rule I would keep the same type of LED on the same series string. In other words do not mix the Semi UV with the Cree X series.

Also to make a difference in looks I would go with 8 UV for every 24" and drive them at 500-700mA, 700mA is the Max for the Semi P2N-U

Bill

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back