How to (at least temporarily) get dino(amphidinium) off frags/coral?

Zanarya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got dino, I was out of the country for 4 months unexpectedly and had to ask my brother to take care of the tank, of course I couldn't ask for all the care a reef tank needs, which led to me getting home and finding both dino and cyano. I've already done a lot of reading on dino, I'm starting the battle and apparently amphidinium specifically takes a while to beat since UV and blackouts aren't that effective with it. I've read that at least it's not so toxic to corals, the problem is, it's covering a bunch of frags I have with zoas, it's also ON the zoas and the zoas are definitely not happy, they've been closed for a few days. Is there at least any temporary solution so at least I can get the dinos off my zoas for a while? any kind of dip, peroxide or something? I just don't want them dying on me while I beat the dinos, doesn't matter if I have to keep doing it while the dino is there, just want them to survive the battle. Thanks in advance for any advice I can get, you guys are the best.

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pull the frags out dip in coral rx for something similar in a bowl or bucket and blast with turkey blaster or feeding tube to remove algae. Then replace back in display. Using dr tims first defense immune support and stress relief will help give the corals some needed vitamins. Do this in main display following direst on the bottle. Good luck

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start dosing 3% peroxide 1.5 ml per 10 gal turn your lights way down . Dose 2 times a day for a week start to slowly turn your lights back up. And start dosing .5 ml per 10 gallons just at night for a week or two.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back