How to attach a light mount to a rimmed tank?

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some tank mounts for my lights but they don't fit over the rim on my tank. I found this adapter, but I am not sure it is secure enough. Is there a better way?

Why not? I make my own lol.. should be fine.

OP
OP
Atherial

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to go with mounting it on to the wall instead. The lights are heavy enough and expensive enough that I don't want to risk it.

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did, is get a a 4x1 inch piece of wood (depending on how wide your mount is). I trimmed it to match the height of my tank. I then screawed to to the back of my tank and then attached the mount to it. Works perfect!

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230130_181114.jpg

You can kind of see it sticking up some. Been meaning to trip it, but figured all my corals are doing great so don't want to mess with the light any.

OP
OP
Atherial

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did, is get a a 4x1 inch piece of wood (depending on how wide your mount is). I trimmed it to match the height of my tank. I then screawed to to the back of my tank and then attached the mount to it. Works perfect!
Where did you attach it? Like screwed onto the stand?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be beyond what I know how to do. Even attaching a piece of wood would involve some help from either my husband or my dad.
It's pretty easy and didn't take long at all. I did take extra time to paint it to match my stand, but other than that, took a few minutes.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be beyond what I know how to do. Even attaching a piece of wood would involve some help from either my husband or my dad.
You can order the pieces cut to fit and then have someone help you attach it. Not too much work with a little research. Maybe have your dad or husband help with that?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to modify my light mounts to fit on my rimmed tank... Let me know if you'd like me to troubleshoot with you :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back