How to best add AF Life Source to tank?

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using AF Life Source for a few weeks and am uncertain the best method to add it. Instructions only say to mix it in a small amt of water and dump in sump, or near a pwr head. I find I need to add it to a significant amt of water and shake vigorously. Even then there is a considerable amt remaining in the bottom of the jar after emptying in the tank requiring me to repeat the process a couple of times. Do I turn off pumps, skimmer, UV or remove mechanical filtration for any period of time? Won't I otherwise be promptly removing a great deal of what I just added?

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix a little in a cup of aquarium water and then tip it throughout the tank. I dont turn anything off and let it distribute all around the tank. The corals seem to love it especially my hammers. I do this a day before a water change. The following day, i siphon out any remnants left in the take (i dont have any sand).
It normally takes 2-3 hours for the tank water to fully clear.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back