How to clean my tank AFTER BUFFING.

specwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a tank that I've been buffing the scratches out of. I used automotive compounds and Novus with good results. Now the question is how to I safely clean out the residues from the INSIDE of the tank?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go for vinegar or a citric acid with multiple applications and multiple rinsing iterations.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above, rinse with a vinegar solution, rinse with RODI, then repeat several times. I would also let it air dry, this will reveal if there is still a film on the surface from the products used. Once you do it a few times and it dries with no film or streaks from product, you should be pretty close and maybe wash it once more just to be safe.

OP
OP
specwar

specwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - it helps that I used products without silicone or filler. Merzerna 400 then 500 then the Novus system. Girot's Garage 3 inch random orbital buffer. Green pad - Med Heavy cut pad 400. Orange Light cut pad 500. White Polish Pad Step 3. Black then Red Fine Polish Pad Step 2 for both. Microfiber on the outside only Step1. The pads were from the Chemical Guys.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the novus products and rinsed and wiped with plain water between steps. It does not leave much of a film. Your final cleaner step should remove any residue after rinsing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back