How to configure FMM to refill ATO Reservoir

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Stolireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an FMM and I have attached two optical sensors to it. Swx8_1 is the low water sensor and Swx8_2 is the high sensor. I have the Neptune solenoid plugged into the FMM as well.

What I want it to do:
1. When FM1 is open (meaning I think, out of the water) open solenoid and start refilling ATO reservoir.
2. When FM2 is closed (high sensor now under water) close solenoid valve.

When I tried to configure this using Fusion tasks it programmed the FMM as follows:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx8_1 OPEN Then ON
If Swx8_2 CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

This doesn't look right to me.

When I tried just using the first four lines of the code, it would open the solenoid for a second or two and then it would close. It doesn't make any sense though since, I think, once the low sensor is open, the solenoid should stay open until the high sensor closes. So what is your resident APEX idiot missing in this equation.

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats configured for topping off your tank. Whats happening, and should if its a true top off program is activate as soon as the bottom sensor is low and then stop once the bottom sensor becomes covered with water. The top is just a backup stop sensor.

This code would need to be altered to fill a reservoir.

Note this is for the FILLING of a top of Container / NOT A SUMP. Other users please don't use this code for your ATK top off system.

Fallback OFF (No Set OFF, this means once the bottom sensor activates and becomes covered it doesn't go back to the OFF state)
If Swx8_1 OPEN Then ON
When On > 210:00 Then OFF (Emergency STOP, when the system has ran for more than 3 1/2 hours the tile will change to an OFF state if all opticals didn't react properly and send you an alert)

I have no idea how large your container is or the speed at which it fills. So that last statement is a guess, adjust them for the speed and size you need. Im assuming 10 gallon container with a 75 gpd RODI system. This means just over 3 hrs to fill a 10 gallon vessel. Adjust this value higher than it would take to fill, otherwise you will get an alert every time as its not reaching the top sensor. But not super high because if it did fail you don't want it running for hours putting all the extra water all over your floor or inside your stand.

OP
OP
Stolireef

Stolireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the code that worked for me.

Fallback OFF
If Swx8_1 OPEN Then ON
When On > 145:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back