How to Frag/Propagate a Chalice Coral, Cheap and Simple.

• Thread starter inactive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

inactive

View Badges

Everything you need to know is explained in the video and what you absorb with your own eyes. Turn on the HD :)

Part 2 is uploading now.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Kray and love the way you explained everything without saying a word

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Thanks guys! Frags will be ready to trade in a few weeks haha.

IntDboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Video Kray!!! All that fraggin and you still managed to smoke a square...LOL

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kraylen you are the freagin man!! Dude your awesome!

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Uploading another as we speak. First time using the little pop up box thingy... I like it! I can speak with silence! Just wait until the tile saw video is finished uploading!

I had so much fun shooting this, thanks for giving me the challenge Rev! The next video has a couple species you don't usually see fragged.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the R2R reference on your hand man! Great job and I learned some cool techniques from your video! Now to go watch the others!

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great videos Kray, I just have a few things to ask about....first, is the razorblade method preferred to a dremel? Why, or why not? Second, how long did you keep the glue booger on your finger, or is that just part of "your look"? Third, where do you get those sweet frag disks? I really like the look of those. Fourth and final question, don't you know that corals hate cigarettes? You really should quit those things.

I also watched your dragonette attacks helpless SPS video and had to ask about the clownfish. Does everyone have a camera hound fish? I know I just about have to tazer my foxface to be able to use my camera!

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
The razor blade is faster and leaves a cleaner cut. Dremels are good for some things but chalice corals are very very thin and sensitive... the friction from the diamond wheel can actually burn the coral and cause it to jelly out. I use a dremel sometimes when I am cutting acans to get through the bottom of the rock before the skeleton, but I prefer to get the chalice job done quick and easy. I actually frag almost all my LPS this way... zoas as well. I'd do it to SPS also, but there is no need for it. :)

Glue booger, meh... I normally just blow on the glue but I would rather not show my horrid face so I used my finger to press the glue in. The frag plugs are my own handmade discs... I make customs for LPS propagation/high end chalice, acan, favia etc etc.I figure why use cheap plugs when I can hand make some Ferrari discs for my expensive corals. That's like buying a new luxury car and putting garbage can lids on as rims....

No comment on the cigarette thing, to each their own.. that is mine thanks. :)

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
I know how you feel, if you want some PM me... I hand make them so they are not cheap.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Oh just wait, the last videos are almost finished! You'll see how crazy I REALLY am!

Back