How to Frag/Propagate a Chalice Coral, Cheap and Simple.

• Thread starter inactive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Metal and Jewelry glue from Micheals. 3.99 for a 20g tube.

You have to keep the tip clean or else you'll glue the tip shut. I'm always having to cut the tube haha

BayCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing the same and it works great without burning the tissue off the chalice, but I havn't tried it with the reef2reef stamp. Maybe I'll do that next time to see if it is more aero dynamic.

Great video! Great technique! Thanks for sharing!

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your videos need an intro and theme song. I think if you took the "what's happening" intro and made it your own you could sell these videos to LFS. I'll play Rerun, just give me a week to find a red beret.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Your videos need an intro and theme song. I think if you took the "what's happening" intro and made it your own you could sell these videos to LFS. I'll play Rerun, just give me a week to find a red beret.

Haha, funny you say that... When I fix my media comp I was gonna edit some fancy fancies into it. I need to find a hot chick to be in the videos also.

w0r1d5m1n3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job man. Mostly one handed, and definitely quick. Job well done. What brand of glue are you using?

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metal and Jewelry glue from Micheal's. 3.99 fro 20g and it glues itself shut everytime!
You use that too huh. I thought I was the only one that knew about them LOL. Works great and way cheaper than the Ic gel glue.

purplereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. How do you frag a huge chalice? I want to know how you frag like a 6 inch Chalice and make very small frags like 1 eye frags. Thanks for doing this.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are awesome vids Kraylen. Thanks for making them. I kinda wish I would have saw them before I dropped the $$$ on a saw.

anyways, like Rev said...You da man!

Everyone else,
Please keep your comments and opinions about smoking to yourselves.
Kraylen is an adult. He doesn't need internet parents.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
I have a question. How do you frag a huge chalice? I want to know how you frag like a 6 inch Chalice and make very small frags like 1 eye frags. Thanks for doing this.

Well it all depends really! Some people trim the outer edge of the chalice like a monti, or a toadstool coral and then cut that into pieces. I mean you can do it almost anyway really.... you could even throw it on the ground and use a razor to separate the flesh! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back