How to get clownfish to be in anemone more.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try my best.
Feeding those clown fish is the best thing for your anemone. The fish are getting acclimated to the tank and to the nem. These relationships take time to develop. The fish will become habituated to hanging out in the nem over time, and they will provide the nem with food and housekeeping chores to protect it. They will eliminate the food you feed them which will feed the nem, and these fish are way more competent and interacting with the nem than any person might hope to be, (except with medicinal treatments perhaps?) If the fish are sleeping in the nem then they will be tending it during the day. YOu might not notice but they do good housekeeping.

reefcreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice day. I have a pair of snowflake clownfish in a 20 gallon with a 3 -4 inch bubbletip anemone. and I notice at night when I turn the lights off the clownfish pair go in to the bubbletip anemone and that is where they sleep but during the day when I have the lights on the generally stay away from the anemone or just hover over it my question is. Is there a way to for me to help the clownfish pair to at least go I the anemone during the day and not just a night? I will try to post some videos. Thanks in advance!
Here's my guy I just put him in finally the other day and swaps around between 2 nems when I have 5, but sleeps in 1 in particular. Just let the lil dude do his thing his all I can say.

Attachments

• CC inferno with Clownfish.mp4
    99.1 MB
Back