How to get coral out of stress?

nick0206

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
About 4 months ago, like some other guys in our community, corals began to die.
As usual, purely psychologically, we started looking for what we did wrong. For example, I overdosed on strontium, the ICP test showed 40 instead of 10 ppm.
I started with big water changes and after 1.5 months according to the ICP test everything was normal. However, STN continued, and some frags even had RTN.
I began to suspect flatworm infestation, but did not see any traces of eggs or worms. I use "Flatworm Stop" from Korallen-Zucht on a regular basis twice a week to enhance the protection of corals from parasites.
According to their recommendation, in case of infection with flatworms, it is necessary to dose it daily with a doubling of the dosed amount.
After 2 weeks the corals stopped STN and the corals that started bleaching stopped and started growing. It's been 1.5 months since it stopped.
I contacted my hobby friends and as it turned out, not only I have this problem. We thought it might be some kind of bacterial disease.
I consulted with the owner of LFS and he confirmed our suspicions. It turned out that many tanks were infected with Vibrio, including its LFS, and that "Coral-RX Blue" helped a lot.
I told him about my experience and he was interested in it, because on my advice STN also stopped at another friend of mine.
As a result, I lost about 7 frags and colonies and stopped at another 5 STN and they are being restored.

One of the corals I lost was one of my favorite "Strawberry shortcake" coral.
About 3 weeks ago, I saw him in the LFS in not good condition. The coral is alive, but under stress, the polyps are closed and instead of a green-red color, it is all bluish-light purple.
A large colony, which he was selling for $ 180, he agreed to sell me for $ 60.
I really want to get him out of this state. Anyone have any advice? Or is it just a matter of time?
Thanks.

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys.
About 4 months ago...

You could try the witch hazel treatment, it worked well for me.

If you decide to try the treatment I recommend you keep a close eye on NO3, PO4, and PH as the witch hazel used has alcohol in it which tanked nutrients the first dose (i did the 1st day double dose) this was easily fixed the next morning by dosing NO3 and PO4. I also recommend going heavy on the biodigest, I have used all the brightwell and dr Tim’s bacteria and am convinced biodigest is the best option of bottled bacteria for getting things stable. I did the full seven days and am impressed with the results, it was very gentle on the tank and i saw polyp extension after the first day whitch I had not seen since my OD issue.

https://www.reefmoonshiners.com/witchhazel-reeftank-treatment

Back