Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In

I can’t afford this :(
I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a UV so I bought this for under $100, been running it for the last 8 months, worth every penny
Screenshot_20210609-085425_Amazon Shopping.jpg

XLReefer525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my thought. You have to have something with no chaeto, no livestock, and is blcoked out by black paper or plastic
My buddy just bought one today, and his plan is to put it in the return pump section of his sump, away from anything else. It won't be in the same chamber as his cheato but my guess is there is will be some light spillage?? I guess this could be a problem. I'll report back if it does anything for him good or bad. I told him I have no clue, but I was curious if anyone else has tried it.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, the op is a young kid with no extra money to spare. Recommending uv and ozone etc etc may be’ the answer’ but it certainly isn’t helpful in this case.

Disagree. I think misleading readers is far more unhelpful than is suggesting things that one reader may not be able to use. He is not the only person reading or learning from this thread.

It is helpful, IMO, to know he will NOT get "crystal clear water? I want my tank to look invisible" with means short of methods like ozone.

Once that is said (and no person before me mentioned ozone), then IMO, its fine to suggest other methods that may give a useful but not complete effect, but only IF you note that it isn't going to give what he specifically asked for.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disagree. I think misleading readers is far more unhelpful than is suggesting things that one reader may not be able to use. He is not the only person reading or learning from this thread.

It is helpful, IMO, to know he will NOT get "crystal clear water? I want my tank to look invisible" with means short of methods like ozone.

Once that is said (and no person before me mentioned ozone), then IMO, its fine to suggest other methods that may give a useful but not complete effect, but only IF you note that it isn't going to give what he specifically asked for.
So all questions must be answered in a best case scenario mode? With no regard to the person asking the question? One size fits all?
Perhaps it would be better to state something like “ well the best methods to get what you’re looking for is uv and or ozone, but in your specific case I would recommend something cheaper and simpler like activated carbon “
How’s that?

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

i will get things like this later on but first I got to save. I just need something to clear my water up

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I want ozone and uv? Yes. Can I get it st the moment? No. I will get uv I know that but I just gotta Save enough that 30 doesn’t feel like a bite into my savings

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my mistake. Should of specified more

Back