How to get rid of aiptasia in 10 gallon nano?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys so yesterday I was looking around my 10 gallon cube and noticed something coming out of one my rocks in the back. It was an aiptasia. What are the best ways to get rid of this ASAP. Cant make it out to LFS during the week to get any chemicals or peppermint shrimp.

Would crazy gluing it entirely work?

Thanks

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can in theory glue the entire thing, but you must glue all of it. If not it will spawn more. Odds are you probably have more than one. Its not a red alert situation. You will be fine until you can get some aiptasia x or aiptasia f. You can also just buy kalkwasser powder and mix into a paste with water and it is the same thing. I would not do peppermit shrimp, they are a shot in the dark at best eating aiptasia and will consume other things in your tank, snails, softies, other nems. My personal advise is to just leave it be until you can get some aiptasia treatment and then treat accordingly.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys so yesterday I was looking around my 10 gallon cube and noticed something coming out of one my rocks in the back. It was an aiptasia. What are the best ways to get rid of this ASAP. Cant make it out to LFS during the week to get any chemicals or peppermint shrimp.

Would crazy gluing it entirely work?

Thanks
Can you easily take the rock out of the tank? This opens up opportunities to kill it.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in a 10 gallon i might just use a torch and burn the things, not too much rock to deal with as garf said

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back