How to get rid of microbubbles from protein skimmer

CLYRIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef octopus 1000 protein skimmer and I turned it off in order to do a water change and now it's making a lot more microbubbles than before. I've had this since March. I tried tuning it up and down, but the microbubbles are still there.

This photo isn't my protein skimmer, it is a photo of how the skimmer is suppose to look like. Basically with my protein skimmer, the intake chamber is doing what it's suppose to do, but the "out" chamber is the problem. With my "out" chamber, there are microbubbles in the "out" chamber which, if you look at this picture of how it's suppose to function : there are no microbubbles in the "out" chamber.

Anyone know any fix to this? Thanks for any advice.
Screenshot 2023-05-30 000219.png

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back