how to get rid of p04

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly do a chaeto reactor away from the sump? I've always heard pros of having chaeto with pods so I'm interested in why not as a cultivator? Ease of collection?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How high are your numbers? Are you looking for a large drop or just to maintain?

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cannot because i cultivate pods so no lights

Are you saying you can’t run a fuge light because of the copepods? Why would that matter? I have never seen that as a problem, nor read that in any literature. We do know that many species of copepod will avoid well lit areas when not actively feeding but I would assume that having 100% darkness 24/7 would be counter productive.

Granted I haven’t done any specific research on this exact topic, I could always be wrong...

The significant differences in the light responses between hungry and fed animals indicate that light is a signal of food availability for these species. As it was shown earlier, hungry animals increase their positive reaction to light, which agrees with data on hungry and non-hungry Daphnia behavior (Stutzman, 2000). The hungry animals tend to respond strongly to light than more fed

Article that was pulled from

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back