How to go about QT Green Chromis

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about getting Green Chromis after finally getting a good price on them but I'm a bit unsure how to QT especially with the recent Uronema plaguing Chromis and Anthias. Should I do the standard copper treatment for 2 weeks and dose Metroplex every 48 hours along with soaking food in Metroplex and feeding them? Is this sufficient enough? After this, I would obviously observe them to make sure they a free of diseases. It would suck to carry Uronema to my DT. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about getting Green Chromis after finally getting a good price on them but I'm a bit unsure how to QT especially with the recent Uronema plaguing Chromis and Anthias. Should I do the standard copper treatment for 2 weeks and dose Metroplex every 48 hours along with soaking food in Metroplex and feeding them? Is this sufficient enough? After this, I would obviously observe them to make sure they a free of diseases. It would suck to carry Uronema to my DT. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?
Take a look at my quarantine protocol in the sticky section above. In the library section, I have an article posted on Uronema.
To be honest, there are a lot of poor quality green chromis out there and Uronema isn’t really treatable. You might consider pre quarantined fish so you won’t take such a hit on that initial mortality.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back