How to hook up a waste collector to Reef Octopus Classic 150sss?

Warpigdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef Octopus classic 150sss skimmer and a reef octopus waste collector. However there’s no drain spout on the skimmer cup. I was wondering if anyone else has hooked one up to theirs somehow?

I really just hate prying the cup off the skimmer as it’s so tight and I spill stuff sometimes. It’s very inconvenient. So I bought a waste collector only to find it doesn’t work with the skimmer.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef Octopus classic 150sss skimmer and a reef octopus waste collector. However there’s no drain spout on the skimmer cup. I was wondering if anyone else has hooked one up to theirs somehow?

I really just hate prying the cup off the skimmer as it’s so tight and I spill stuff sometimes. It’s very inconvenient. So I bought a waste collector only to find it doesn’t work with the skimmer.
When I ran a 150 space saver, I melted a hole on the side with a soldering iron, glued in a small barb fitting and then ran the hose from it to my DIY collection container. Worked very well and did not look bad at all. I did cut the barb fitting end (at the skimmer cup) down so it was close to flush with the inside of the cup. Being as it was not under pressure, I just applied super glue gel around the outside in a nice even bead and let dry. If you take your time, you can make the bead look good and it will look like it was supposed to be that way.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back