How to install a Synergy Reef Shadow Overflow! | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Why not have a video on Saturday?!? :) In today's episode of BRStv How-To, I'm showing you how to install an ultra slim Shadow Overflow from Synergy Reef! These things are amazingly easy to put on your tank and absolutely gorgeous after they're installed!

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy you look just like the guy in the General Insurance ad on TV.... Sorry I got to stop watching too much television.

Bracka345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice that both your drains have small holes drilled at the top but any other ones I saw only have the vent hole on the secondary drain. Is there a reason for drilling both?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice that both your drains have small holes drilled at the top but any other ones I saw only have the vent hole on the secondary drain. Is there a reason for drilling both?

Typically the primary drain is drilled for quiet operation, but it looks like Synergy Reef has drilled both. I couldn't speak to exactly why they have done this, but they are still silent and fully functional! :)

-Randy

Bracka345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically the primary drain is drilled for quiet operation, but it looks like Synergy Reef has drilled both. I couldn't speak to exactly why they have done this, but they are still silent and fully functional! :)

-Randy
Thanks!!!

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We drill both to prevent air locks. We have found that without the hole in the primary, upon startup of the pump, if an airlock occurs, the siphon will not restart by itself.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back