How to install reef-pi

Tom Bishop

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks, one thing I don't like about them is they require you to sign in using another account like Google. Someone mentioned using Teamviewer instead of a VPN, I personally like this idea as it's very easy and should be safe?
Yeah I get it but that is one of the reasons that make it pretty secure they are using identity providers and they are just the middle man - https://tailscale.com/kb/1013/sso-providers/

Looks like you can use github as a IDP, not sure if Ping or the others have a free option. It's really a much better solution for remote access unless you are going to roll your on vpn solution.

CLICK TO VIEW LIVESTREAM
OP
robsworld78

robsworld78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah I get it but that is one of the reasons that make it pretty secure they are using identity providers and they are just the middle man - https://tailscale.com/kb/1013/sso-providers/

Looks like you can use github as a IDP, not sure if Ping or the others have a free option. It's really a much better solution for remote access unless you are going to roll your on vpn solution.
Oh ok, then that's a good thing. :) So you're not a fan of Teamviewer or the like? If not why?

Tom Bishop

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Oh ok, then that's a good thing. :) So you're not a fan of Teamviewer or the like? If not why?
Yeah not a fan of teamviewer, to many things you have to do in order to properly secure it...is it fine for accessing reef-pi instance, probably. Would I use it for remote access to my desktop, nope.

Tailscale is just a better way of doing things and imho more secure. Like I said is it an issue for remote accessing your reef-pi instance, probably not but I'd rather not have anyone poking around my stuff remotely, lol.

Join the movement!
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!