How to keep chaeto in fuge section of sump

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Fiji Cube 20 sump for my tank. The fuge section is just before the return pump. I want to make sure chaeto isn't overflowing into the return chamber and wondering what I can put in between to prevent that. I had seen someone recommend the product below so I am currently using that, but man, it's super thick and takes up more space than I'd like. Any thinner options that will do the job? This stuff works pretty well and doesn't seem like it'll clog and reduce flow at all, which is nice.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
capetsma Fish Breeding Box, Acrylic Fish Isolation Box with Suction Cups, Aquarium Acclimation Hatchery Incubator for Baby Fishes Shrimp Clownfish and Guppy.

get one of these to hold your chaeto so you don’t have to worry about it free swimming all over the place, turn around with tongs every other day so the chaeto gets even light on both sides

Afish70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fiji Cube 30 and i am trying to figure out how to keep chaeto in the refugium section myself. What did you do? Pics?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use back filter foam cut into thin pieces ( 1/2" -3/4" ) to prevent anything from traveling from the refugium to the return pump area.
It does have to be replaced or cleaned every 3-4 weeks.

Back