How to Keep Salt Creep(?) Off Everything in the Room

FunkEngine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title basically says it all. Almost everything in the spare room my tank is in gets covered in salt, even things 10ft(!) away. I have a mesh top, which I think might be a place to address this. I have an ATO so things don't run dry in the display ever, my vortechs don't suck air either. Only place I can think of that would give spray would be the skimmer in the sump, but the door is shut, though there is a small gap around the door.

I have my computer desk in the room, so having salt cover everything is not so ideal.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only area we have a problem with salt creep is behind the tank. We purchased thin sheet of plex-glass and fasted to the wall to save the paint/drywall.

OP
OP
F

FunkEngine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it definitely salt?

when water evaporates it leaves the salt behind so unless you have a fish spitting water around the room I can’t see how that’s happening lol
Reasonably sure. Everything metal is corroding and it sparkles in the light if you rub your finger over upright surfaces.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back