How to love your Lobo: Tips for success with Lobophyllia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is ours, Thanks for the tips i think i need to move it into a little more flow twhere it is randomized. cause its in low flow not doing the best i no it can be.

DSC00225edited.jpg

DSC00225edited.jpg

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo(9).jpg
you guys have some beautiful strands, had mine for about 6-9 months... i've seen decent growth especially in the larger head and feed mysis... you can see the tentacles sticking out ready for a feeding

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is ours, Thanks for the tips i think i need to move it into a little more flow twhere it is randomized. cause its in low flow not doing the best i no it can be.

DSC00225edited.jpg

Thats a nice color. How big is this one?

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1524.jpg
.. replacement of iphone shot..lil embarrasing lol ...... random question how do you edit your post ? so i don't have to post a second pic...

el_ote

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to pick one of these up soon. my tank stays pretty stable with only my summer temperature being a possible issue. what are the basic intro species you all would recommend? any vendors here know for their Lobo's?

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to pick one of these up soon. my tank stays pretty stable with only my summer temperature being a possible issue. what are the basic intro species you all would recommend? any vendors here know for their Lobo's?

Mine did well even when summer temps in the tank hit 82 F, but lower temps in the 76-78 range are likely less stressful. There are a number of Lobophyllia species, but by far the one most imported is L. hemprichii (which are the ones mostly seen in the post). Check out the originators of this thread, 'Unique Corals'. They usually have a good selection of Lobos and service/shipping/livestock quality have been outstanding for all my many orders.

Ralph -

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier in this thread Scott's description included a recommendation to keep Lobos a good distance away from other corals. Here's what can happen if things get too 'up close and personal':

ScollyAttack1091314_zps2de97abd.jpg

ScollyAttack2091314_zpsac246e51.jpg

Give them a few inches space (at least) all around to avoid this type of aggression.

Ralph -

Last edited:

el_ote

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did well even when summer temps in the tank hit 82 F, but lower temps in the 76-78 range are likely less stressful. There are a number of Lobophyllia species, but by far the one most imported is L. hemprichii (which are the ones mostly seen in the post). Check out the originators of this thread, 'Unique Corals'. They usually have a good selection of Lobos and service/shipping/livestock quality have been outstanding for all my many orders.

Ralph -

my mistake, i didnt realize i was in a vendor forum! definitely some beautiful pieces at Unique Corals web site!

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0706.JPG
I bought my last week. Got him home put him in coral RX ( quart of saltwater and one capful) for 5 minutes but him in the tank. I also trim the bottom skeleton a bit) and he's been like this since.
I have a Zetlight running at 50% white and 75% blue and color LED!'s he's 14 inches below the light. About a medium water flow what am I doing wrong do I need to move him completely out of water flow?

Thanks

snappa1953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0706.JPG
I bought my last week. Got him home put him in coral RX ( quart of saltwater and one capful) for 5 minutes but him in the tank. I also trim the bottom skeleton a bit) and he's been like this since.
I have a Zetlight running at 50% white and 75% blue and color LED!'s he's 14 inches below the light. About a medium water flow what am I doing wrong do I need to move him completely out of water flow?

Thanks
How is it going now Bob?

snappa1953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 at the same time over six months ago. One is doing "ok" but I've list the other 2. Mea culpa I'm a tinkerer and moved them around "to help them do better". Good to see you've found a good spot!

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this one for a week. It's yet to open. It also has these white spikes poking out all over the place. Is that normal? I have fed it once since placing it in the tank, I saw around 7 mouths open and slowly pull in reef roids. Never see any feeding tentacles. Acans are doing very well in the same tank.

20180216_111017.jpg

Feeding pic...

20180216_184131.jpg

Back