9BB48958-C441-4AA7-A376-0D321F28BF75.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 70

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of Reefing Art magnetic frag racks. I like them so far ...

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made frag racks using cycled liverock and the disc shaped plastic coated neodymium magnets from K&J Magnetics. Cut or chisel the back of the rock flat then take a masonry bit slightly wider than the magnet diameter and drill the desired number of holes for magnets slightly deeper than the magnet thickness to countersink them. Fill the holes halfway with gel superglue and press in the magnets. Allow glue to squeeze around magnets to coat them completely and finish by smoothing a layer of glue over top until flush with the rock. This protects the magnets even further. From there I take another masonry bit slightly wider than a frag plug and drill the desired number of frag holes. The great thing is that when you're done with the frag holder, you can leave a desired coral on it to encrust as part of the tank background and place it wherever you like. It doesn't get more natural looking than liverock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made frag racks using cycled liverock and the disc shaped plastic coated neodymium magnets from K&J Magnetics. Cut or chisel the back of the rock flat then take a masonry bit slightly wider than the magnet diameter and drill the desired number of holes for magnets slightly deeper than the magnet thickness to countersink them. Fill the holes halfway with gel superglue and press in the magnets. Allow glue to squeeze around magnets to coat them completely and finish by smoothing a layer of glue over top until flush with the rock. This protects the magnets even further. From there I take another masonry bit slightly wider than a frag plug and drill the desired number of frag holes. The great thing is that when you're done with the frag holder, you can leave a desired coral on it to encrust as part of the tank background and place it wherever you like. It doesn't get more natural looking than liverock.
I own a frag rock i got for free purple too! im more of the traditional frag rack as i think it looks advanced

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each their own I guess. To me plastic grates in a reef tank look artificial. It's fine if it's a frag specific tank.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool!

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if largest is that much i could get it

This isn’t some kind of nuclear state secret. Just go on their site. Pretty sure it is :)
Just checked. It’s 34.99. There was a free shipping coupon somewhere so I added some frag plugs.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back