How to make create your own Negative Space Aquascape (NSA). Step-by-Step guide to NSA using Marco Reef Saver Rock!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that BRS is exploring all these sort of "extensions" of the hobby. Like, they're not just there to give you info on how to keep corals alive and then sell you the products. They're experimenting with all these new techniques. Really hits home in this one since it seems like Ryan just spent his vacation learning how to do the NSA, got super excited about it, and decided to share it. It even seems like he's learning as the video goes on (ie the part about consistency of mortar).

Big thanks for posting these!

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Superglue and baking soda is an instant bond, and rock hard. I built a scape 3 yrs ago, and no failure yet. I had to go fallow, a year and 8 months ago. When i did i pulled 2 rocks out, each about 3.5 feet long caught all the fish and put the rock back in. Took 15min. Didnt loose a single corL in the process. Corals were all on the rocks
Can you explain this combo Please like how its mixed etc.

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying my hand at this now. They really under sold the pure amount of glue you would run through doing this lol. 7 tubes of glue so far and only 1/2 of 1 single island built.
Nice work. I got so frustrated by glue and epoxy failure I just ended up stacking rocks. I got a couple nice arches built but called it quits when I stopped having fun. Maybe I just didn’t use enough glue.

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much extra rock are people buying to make their ‘scapes? I have a ~70 gallon I’m wanting to do this with. Is 100 lbs too much/too little?

slowleak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much extra rock are people buying to make their ‘scapes? I have a ~70 gallon I’m wanting to do this with. Is 100 lbs too much/too little?
I think 100 is to much. I have a 90gallon, bought 80lbs and only used probably 50lbs worth. (Pic on post 36 of this thread) Although a little extra is nice to see what fit together. I had 2 large rocks that I ended up not touching at all. I went through 2 bottles of 8oz glue master thin super glue and used every drop.

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 100 is to much. I have a 90gallon, bought 80lbs and only used probably 50lbs worth. (Pic on post 36 of this thread) Although a little extra is nice to see what fit together. I had 2 large rocks that I ended up not touching at all. I went through 2 bottles of 8oz glue master thin super glue and used every drop.
That’s super helpful. Thanks!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright-I’ve made the scape, the tank is in-now how do I even get this thing into the tank!? Where’s the brs video for that!

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily some help showed up and I was able to get it placed in the tank with only a couple small pieces breaking off This was a fun new part of the hobby-appreciate the brs crew for highlighting it
C5772E9F-32FB-4456-A8B4-5F365408A6C0.jpeg
8A5FDB9F-4562-4438-ABD7-0A1C6C78ED9A.jpeg
8241AA7A-9B30-40DF-A078-76E5233DAAF4.jpeg

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily some help showed up and I was able to get it placed in the tank with only a couple small pieces breaking off This was a fun new part of the hobby-appreciate the brs crew for highlighting it

Very impressive !

The rock work, stand, location, lighting, .... etc. is awesome !

A humbled novice,

Jim

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back