How to make overhanging rock scape

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using epoxy to glue some rocks together and to make an overhang. The rocks will topple over if I don't secure them to something beneath the sandbed since they are top heavy. How do I go about doing that and what do people use? I imagine I drill a hole in one of the rocks and put some kind of rod through it with a platform beneath the sandbed. I can't seem to find a thread that shows how.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah people drill a hole in the rock and use those acrylic rods. You can get them from Home Depot or any of the bigger hardware stores. BRS has a video I'll try looking for it and post it.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using epoxy to glue some rocks together and to make an overhang. The rocks will topple over if I don't secure them to something beneath the sandbed since they are top heavy. How do I go about doing that and what do people use? I imagine I drill a hole in one of the rocks and put some kind of rod through it with a platform beneath the sandbed. I can't seem to find a thread that shows how.
Here it is, they start talking about it at the 7min mark.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal Gardens had a neat video about doing some aquascaping with superglue and sand (I think it was PRETTY similar to the BRS method above!). I think they might have reinforced with marco cement but I always liked the acrylic rod method.

Back