OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does you water company charge for water? Everywhere I've lived they charge per 1000 gallons so if you use 2001 gallons or 2999 gallons, you get charged the same amount. Last time I looked it was only $3 or $4 per 1000 gallons so even if the RO waste was taking you to the next 1000 gallon level it wasn't much money.

You might make sure they are actually reading your water meter and not just doing an estimate reading. Before we had digital meters here they would only actually read your meter every few months, the other times they did estimates based on your prior usage and time of year. Also, if you have a sprinkler system they can use more water than you think.
They charge the same way.
Do you have old, non-water saver toilets? I changed mine out, to Kohler Highline Comfort Height Toilets, and noticed an immediate drop in my Electric Bill, I’m on a well. Even though they are not dual flush, if you hold the lever down, for a second, they act like dual flush.Check for obvious leaks as well. Toilet that seems to refill on its own has a leaky flapper valve. Garden hose Bibb outside dripping or maybe the neighbor is using your water on his lawn
House is 2 yrs old. Newer appliances.
Sounds like it. Extra membranes are cheap, but you can only use them if your incoming water has low TDS or your defeating the purpose feeding your second membrane water to high in TDS meaning you will go through DI resin like crazy. My incoming is 37tds so I can run 3 membranes in series for water savings. You have something jacked at your current rates. I would probably get a 100gpd membrane in your shoes and play with the restrictor to tune your system. Sounds like you have no restrictor. Using a booster pump helps maximize performance and I love mine.
I will look and post when I get home.
Better post some pics, cause its not right, and your usage amount says you dont have a restrictor connected
Maybe, pics when I get home

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your Meter is out by the street or outside your house, I’d shut the Main Valve off inside your house, and Clock the meter, to see if there is a leak underground. Kohler Toilets with the Black Cylinder for the Flush Valves had a Red Rubber Seal. They were notorious for leaking. The new Kohler Seals are Yellow Rubber. The Genuine ones have instructions on the back of the Package. There are YouTube Videos also, on replacement. Another place to look for leaks, is your Clothes Washer. After a load, open the door and let the drum air dry. Fold an old hand towel and place it in the bottom of the drum. Check it for wetness after 24 hours. Some of the newer machines, upon detecting water in the drum, will pump it out, before it floods the house. The Solenoid valves are leaking in this case.
image.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back