How to mount a Aquatic Life T5 HO Hybrid 4-Lamp Mounting System Fixture

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll try making the stand like bantyrooster97 suggested. I wish I had the support your ceiling has but it's mostly just drywall

Will toggle bolts not support the aquatic life hybrid fixture? I'm setting up a frag tank in another room and was going to hang it from the ceiling.

Taby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might but I fear that it may gI've out under the weight. Tried a small lamp installation before and that came crashing down while I was away. The damage part of the ceiling only showed dry wall that has me concerned.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOMETHING has to be holding that drywall up... you can't nail it to air :)

I've seen people put a reinforcing board between joists so that they could securely mount a screw eye where it needed to be. Paint it to match the ceiling, it's usually not to unsightly.

I positioned my tank so that I could take advantage of the box beam in the ceiling. Yeah, it made things easier.

Taby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right it's clear to me that something is hold up the drywall, however I'm would know how to find the support. I've looked for signs of nails/bolts but unable to find it.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right it's clear to me that something is hold up the drywall, however I'm would know how to find the support. I've looked for signs of nails/bolts but unable to find it.

Pick up a stud finder to be sure. Or you could try the "knocking" technique..........knock along the wall/ceiling 'til you hear a change in the sound.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stud finder. Like $25 for a decent one, and a very handy tool to have around the house.

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LV3 do you know how much that setup cost for the 80/20 Slot system the way the diagram is showing that you shared. That would be so helpful. Thanks

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 3 Kessil A360xs over my 22” tall x 18”w x 72” long, how high should I mount a aquatic life hybrid fixture?

Back