How to mount a Kessil to the ATI Sunpower.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to mount a Kessil to the ATI Sunpower:

This is really a long time that I want to add a Kessil 160we to my ATI Sunpower. A week ago I found a nice deal on the local reef forum ! After a few days of search how to attach a Kessil to the fixture I haven't found anything that I could use online. So hours and hours in Home Depot and I found the way I like and the right degree that I wanted, I was lucky with the right fixture design as well hehehe ... So I've attached with a 7.5" bar pull, cheap and so many option guys for any kind of tastes, curved, brushed, shiny, black ... any that you like. Here is the result:

Kessil160_Mount1.jpg

Kessil160_Mount2.jpg

Kessil160_Mount3.jpg

Good luck ! ;)

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Can you angle it down a little?

No you can't but probably you can find how to adjust the bar so you can do it.
The small "legs" can be unscrewed so you can add a part there with angle adjustment but I haven't looked for, sorry.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bookmarked this last year as i was moving towards something similar. Here's what I wound up with.

e45c53e2975954d97ef1621174bc7fed.jpg

f89b1dfd263ed8034b4b2810e8b8f3f9.jpg

I used articulating speaker mounts so they can be angled,pointed in any direction. Added the T5 to my Kessils back in February but waited until i knew I liked the combo before modding the fixture.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting the Kessil shimmer at full daylight with the t5's running?

I still get some shimmer with the t5's running but not nearly as much as the morning or evenings when its just the Kessil. The kessil color maxes out at 15%, I could probably tweak the color/power and affect shimmer a little bit if i really wanted to.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear I am not the only one walking around Home Depot like a lost puppy. Ha Ha! Mod looks great.
Lol,
Have you ever got the crazy look from one them when your telling them what your trying to do? :)

ramabama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol,
Have you ever got the crazy look from one them when your telling them what your trying to do? :)
Oh heck yea. Most of the time they also seem to lose any interest in helping too. Can't say I blame them. The best thing though is the person who has the horrible job of walking around asking people to do a water test see me and go the other way.

Wendy Eaton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name of the articulating speaker mount that you used? Can you post a link? Did you get it at Home Depot or some other place?

These mods look awesome!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's this going a few months in? Great shimmer? Are you happy with it?

It's nice and I like it, but shimmer is not that hard as when the Kessil is used solo.

What is the name of the articulating speaker mount that you used? Can you post a link? Did you get it at Home Depot or some other place?

These mods look awesome!

It's not a speaker mount. :) It's bar pull, go in the section where they are selling the bar pulls, there is like 30 different styles.
https://www.google.com/search?q=htt....69i57j69i58.222j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back